Shopper journeys that really matter.
The shopper journey describes the ideal journey of the shopper from the planning phase through the purchase to the use of the purchased product. Knowledge of the shopper journey enables better support and engagement with shoppers, as well as effective touchpoint management in each phase.
- Analysis of the shopper journey from the in-store phase, where actual buying takes place.
- Research and documentation of real in-store journeys of shoppers instead of post-construction and idealizations of shopper behavior.
- We analyze the touchpoints in terms of their impact and relevance for shoppers and the buying process.
- Deeper insights into the shopper journey enable targeted communication and support for shoppers.
- Effective touchpoint management is facilitated by understanding the relevant journeys.
- Brands and retailers can align their efforts with the different phases of the shopper journey.
Holistic optimization of the Shopper Journey leads to success and generates customer loyalty.
Questioning our customers
- What triggers initiate the buying process?
- Which entry points are relevant for each category?
- How intensively do shoppers prepare for their shopping missions?
- What planning is carried out, and who is involved?
- Which touchpoints are used in the different phases?
- How far does the mental reach of brands extend in the pre-store phase?
- Are brands on the shelf easily reachable, visible, and purchasable?
- Are other brands displaced by planned purchases from the pre-store phase?
- Do mental and physical reach at the point of sale align and create brand gravitation?
- What does the in-store phase look like, and what buying processes actually take place?
- Does the brand meet shoppers’ expectations after purchase?
- Is the product recommended?
- How satisfied are shoppers with their purchase?
- How do shoppers feel after the purchase?
- How well does the brand meet shoppers’ expectations after purchase?
- Is the product recommended?
- How satisfied are shoppers with the purchase?
- How do shoppers “feel” after the purchase?
“In the first impression, there is no second chance.”
In this phase before the purchase, well-known and heavily advertised companies have the opportunity to mentally anchor the brand in the shoppers’ consciousness. Here, motives and usage occasions can be addressed to arouse needs, purchase intentions, and shopping missions. For brands with a low or no advertising budget, a previous purchase in the Instore phase has the greatest influence on repeat purchase.
„Die Wahrheit liegt auf dem Platz“ Otto Rehagel
„Kauf oder Nichtkauf“, das ist die entscheidende Frage in der In Store Phase. Hier werden 100% der Kaufentscheidungen getroffen und geplante Absichten und Pläne in die Tat umgesetzt. Hier entscheidet sich, ob aufwendig mental aufgebaute Markenreichweiten in Käufe umgewandelt werden oder von anderen, physisch einfach erreichbaren Marken und Kaufgelegenheiten verdrängt werden
“After the purchase is before the purchase.” – Sepp Herberger
In the post-purchase phase, which immediately follows the purchase, the purchased item must prove itself and deliver on its promises. If negative post-purchase effects such as regret or remorse for impulsive purchase decisions occur here, it can significantly impact repeat purchases and the overall satisfaction with the consumption or use of the product.